UPDATE: This tutorial was featured on Makeup.com. Check it out here.
I love experimenting with nail polish and coming up with new designs. In this tutorial, I'll show you how to get these modern art inspired nails.
Okay, let's get started!
1. Here are the supplies you'll need:
|Supplies: Base coat (white), 3-6 other colors to decorate your nails with,|
a pair of scissors, scotch tape and a needle.
2. First, paint your nails with the base coat (white). Let them dry. Depending on the nail polish brand you use, it might take anywhere from 10-20 minutes. I usually like to wait an hour though.
|Be patient. Make sure let the nails dry completely. If they don't and you put|
tape on them, it can end up pulling the nail polish off!
3. Rip off 3-4 pieces of scotch tape off, approximately one inch each, and cut them into thin pieces.
4. Make a design with the tape on your nails. Be creative! You can have different designs on each nail.
5. Paint in between the pieces of tape. For areas that are too small to use a regular nail polish brush, use a needle.
|I like to use the ball because you can cover greater area.|
Sometimes, the needle's just too thin.
6. Wait a couple of minutes, then peel the pieces of tape off slowly.
|Don't worry if you're a bit messy. You can paint over the tape|
and your nails will still look beautiful.
7. Voila! You have pretty modern art inspired nails!
I hope you have fun with this tutorial. I would love to see photos if you decide to do it :)